Saturday, April 29, 2006

Make extra money from passive blogs

It’s been a long time since I wrote an article about blogging. For your information, I already have four blogs which are http://i-want-to-be-a-millionaire.blogspot.com, http://adsense-help.blogspot.com, http://blogfix.blogspot.com and http://blogmoney.blogsome.com. Actually, not all of them are functioning as a blog, because for adsense help and blogmoney, they are more to ‘one off’ projects or passive blogs. It means I write the content once and then, just leave them. But, from time to time, I will add new content into them. So, for today, I will explain about these two blogs in detail. The questions like what, why and how will be answered in this post.

What is a ‘one off’ blog?

Actually, it is not the common name that people usually use for this kind of blog. I just give them a name myself. ‘One off’ blog is a blog that you write once in bulk, and then post all the contents at the same time. For my ‘one off’ projects, they are more like a web site than a blog.

Why I build them?

Honestly, the purposes of those blogs are just to add more revenue channel for my AdSense account. It is a common sense, right? More page impression means more click. At least, that is what I believe.

Another usage of these blogs is to bring more traffic to my main blog (http://i-want-to-be-a-millionaire.blogspot.com). Since different people will have different interest, so I cannot expect people to go straight here. Therefore, I put a link to this blog from my other blogs.

How to establish a passive blog?

Just follow this FREE turorial about how to make a blog that generates money by clicking here.

The difference is just the content. Your content must be about something that is relevant for a long period of time. So, you do not have to do updates regularly; maybe just once in 3 months time.

Don’t forget to place links to your main blog to grab more traffic. (Tip:- Place the link in the content to get higher click-through rate). If you can, try to avoid placing links to ‘outsiders’. This will prevent you from losing clicks on AdSense.

I think that should be enough for today. Remember to try this trick because it really works for me; some extra money for just a-day job! And if you have any suggestions or ideas, please leave them in the comments area.

Categories: ,

2 comments:

Peter @ Enviroman said...

"Don’t forget to place links to your main blog to grab more traffic. (Tip:- Place the link in the content to get higher click-through rate). If you can, try to avoid placing links to ‘outsiders’. This will prevent you from losing clicks on AdSense."

One of the aim of such a blog would also be to grab some traffic from search engines. Some said that having outbound links will also increase a site ranking. What do you say to that?

Blogger Tips and Tricks

Raja Abdul Azim said...

2 simple answers:

1. If your content is great, people will link to your site automatically

2. You can always get outbound link by submitting your site to directories.

I think these answers will satisfy you